Most computers these days can easily handle what most users need them to do. But when you have specific, intensive tasks to run, many off-the-shelf computers need some extra oomph. Manufacturers have put together different products to try to address those different needs, but sometimes that’s still not good enough—especially when it comes to a gaming system.
Certified Data Is Canadian
Before I get into why London Drug’s exclusive Certified Data line of computers is pretty cool, here are a few things I didn’t know:
• Certified Data is the third oldest computer manufacturer in Canada (1983), sold exclusively by London Drugs
• Certified Data is Canadian-owned and based in Richmond
• Certified Data systems meet CSA and UL certification standards, which some custom-built computer manufacturers outside of Canada (and within Canada) don’t always do
• Certified Data offers both off-the-shelf systems and custom-builds
Cool Without Complications
We’ll get to custom-built systems next, but it could be the gaming system you’re looking for is just a short drive away at a London Drugs computer department.
The AMD A10 5800K desktop model has everything, but these speak directly to gamers:
• AMD Radeon DirectX 11-Capable Discrete Graphics—Discrete means separate, versus being integrated into the computing platform. They deliver more processing power and a high quality visual experience compared to integrated graphics for better HD, better Blu-ray movies, and better advanced 3D gaming quality.
• AMD Eyefinity Technology—This technology allows you to run up to six simultaneous displays off of a single graphics card. Currently, this is only offered by AMD.
3 Levels of Cool—Custom Builds
There are three basic reasons why Certified Data computers are cool. The first one is the fact that you can put the latest, fastest, coolest components from different manufacturers into one unit, which you can’t always achieve by buying a ready-to-go system from one of the big manufacturers.
This matters because different manufacturers will focus their research and development on different components. For example, AMD makes super-fast processors, but you can’t get one in every available computer.
Secondly, Certified Data systems can be built 24/7 using their online configuration tool.
If you know all the components you need, but it’s three in the morning—BOOM! No problem, hop online and start building! And you’ll be building with industry-standard components so when it comes time to upgrade, you won’t have to buy expensive proprietary parts.
And third, everything happens in Canada. Where does your online order go? To Richmond, B.C. Where does your system get built? Ditto, Richmond, B.C. Where can you go if you need a little more one-on-one advice? Any London Drugs store. Where do you pick it up? If you don’t have it shipped directly to your home, you can pick it up at any London Drugs store. Most importantly, your computer and its components will adhere to CSA and UL standards.
So the only question is…how much awesome would you like with your computer?
London Drugs Fan
Nala Henkel, a former employee and current contract proofreader for London Drugs, is a self-confessed fan of our store. We’ve invited her to share her quirky perspective on all things London Drugs from a consumer’s point of view.