You have been hearing about Windows 10 and you want to know more before you dive in. Here are articles of interest compiled just for you:
- Review of the basics and new features. Review by a knowledgeable user, Brian Jackson, at ITbusiness when he first uses Windows 10: http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/windows-10-review-the-last-os-youll-ever-have-to-install/58355
- Once you figured out the basics, here are some added tricks and tips from PC World’s Brad Chacos: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2875600/windows/windows-10-the-best-tips-tricks-and-tweaks.html
- If you want to use Windows 10 on your MAC? Here is some advice from The Verge’s Micah Singleton: http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/29/9058825/windows-10-macbook-how-to-install-osx
- If you really want to know the “other side’s” view, here is an article from Appleinsider’s Roger Fingas about the new Operating System: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/07/29/windows-10-launches-to-favorable-reviews-cautions-about-bugs-and-feature-gaps?utm_medium=twitter.com&utm_source=applenws.com.
- And now for some nostalgia, this is how CNet saw the launch of Windows 95, 20 years ago: http://www.cnet.com/videos/start-me-up-watch-cnets-early-coverage-of-windows-95-back-in-1995/ You just have to go to around 3:30 into the video, where you can find the original Start Me Up ad from Microsoft, courtesy of Mick Jagger and the lads from Rolling Stones.